General Manager – A Gift of Art
Application Deadline: Wednesday July 28, 2021
This not for profit, registered charity that has a mandate to support and promote local artists and spread the love of art to the immediate area is looking for a General Manager. The organization has been located in Newcastle since 2008 and has grown since inception. It is currently housed in an owned building that comprised four gallery exhibition/shop rooms as well as an office, a Zoom studio and a large teaching studio.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, this position has reporting to it the Program Manager, and Marketing – Social Media section, as well as receptionist, weekend part time gallery staff and summer art camp staff.
The General Manager will interact with all the artists whose work is on display, or who teach or persons who wish to join the cadre of in house artists.
The General Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic plan to underscore and finance growth over the next 5 years. This will include capturing marketing opportunities; representing the gallery on local committees ie BIA; interacting with Municipal officials, grant writing and seeking ongoing sponsorships from local businesses.
Basic requirements for this position:
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans
- Experience in developing and managing sponsorship arrangements
- Strong ability to develop and maintain relationship with both external and internal stakeholders
- Proven leadership skills to successfully lead and manage event planning teams, workers, and participants
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a small team.
- Willingness to learn new skills; pivot when change is required; and maintain the course through challenging times
This is a full time position 40 hours per week, 2 weeks holiday first year, 5 days paid sick leave and a competitive salary