The Living Stories Project is a joint creative venture between seniors and youth!
Phase one: Seniors will write their memoirs over the course of an 8 week period. Completed June 2018
Phase two: Currently in the works- Students will turn the written memoirs into a drama or improv, CD or video production, or written publication.
Living Stories Project Weekly Overview
- What is the Living Stories Project?
It is a fully funded program by the Government of Canada which means it is completely FREE for anyone to participate!
- The difference between a memoir and an autobiography.
- Discussed guidelines to the Project, gave out handouts (59 memoirs ideas).
- Gave assignment for Week 2: Write about a memory from your time at school!
- We discussed our memoirs about a time at school.
- PowerPoint Presentation on the 3 C’s.
- Assignment for Week 3: Choose one of the topics from “59 memoirs ideas” and write a memoir about it.
- Started off by reading newest memoirs.
- Video: How to evoke memories.
- Handout: How to evoke memories.
- Exercise: Draw a floor plan of the house from your childhood.
- Write a short memoir about something you remember from your childhood home.
- Assignment for Week 4: Write a memoir about one of the homes you have lived in.
- Started off by reading memoirs about one of their homes.
- Exercise: Name an emotion that evokes a memory.
- Handout: Chart of emotions.
- Assignment for Week 5: Choose an emotion and write a memoir about it.
- Handout: Phrases that evoke memories.
- Assignment for Week 6: Choose a phrase from the handout and write a memoir about it.